Fingerprint FO+ Ltd appreciate that clients are often looking for sustainable print production methods and need printed products to be produced with the environment in mind.
We feel it is important for us to show our commitment to the environment and a sustainable future. One way of demonstrating this commitment is the fact that we are certified to both FSC® and PEFC™ Standards. This allows us to promote and ensure the use of paper from well managed sources. For more information on these initiatives please visit www.fsc.org or www.pefc.org
Other environmental initiatives include the use of Vegetable Based Inks and energy consumption monitoring to identify waste.
Please find below our environmental policy which we continually review and amend to reflect compliance to regulations and best practice.
Our Environmental Policy is achieved by:
- Complying with or exceeding all applicable environmental legislation and other requirements.
- Identifying environmental aspects and impacts that are pertinent to the company.
- Establishing objectives and targets to measure company performance.
- Efficient and effective use of raw materials and resources.
- Maintaining FSC ® and PEFC ™ Certification to underline our commitment to promote sustainable and responsible forestry.
- Decreasing waste, increasing recycling and using more sustainable products.
- The viable application of new technology to reduce the company’s environmental impacts. We are aware that waste is an ongoing issue and are continually looking into new ways of innovative systems of waste management.
- Ensuring that all of our paper waste and aluminum plates are collected for recycling by accredited approved companies, who deal with the printing industry.
- Ensuring that all of our all of our waste inks and chemicals are collected by accredited approved companies, who deal with the printing industry.
- Influencing the Fingerprint FO+ Ltd supply chain with regard to adherence and improvement of the company’s BMS.
- The evaluation of the effectiveness of the company’s environmental procedures; via the Company’s internal audit programme.
- Encouraging feedback from our clients with regard to environmental requirements.
The policy is communicated via the Company’s BMS Manual to all employees; who are also empowered to make suggestions for environmental improvement at any time.